On Saturday, a Review petition has been filed in Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court, seeking review of the Order dated 15.03.2021 passed in W.P. 6929 (PIL) of 2021 passed by Hon’ble Justice Ritu Raj Awasthi and Justice Manish Kumar.
By means of the Order under review the High Court had directed to treat 2015 as base year for determining reservation in UP Panchayat Elections.
This Review Petition has been filed by Dilip Kumar through his advocate Shri Amit Kumar Singh Bhadauria.
Earlier an SLP was filed in the Supreme Court by Dilip Kumar, on which the Supreme Court yesterday refused to intervene and said that since Dilip Kumar was not a party before the High Court, he should first go to the High Court.
In pursuance of the order of the Supreme Court, Dilip Kumar has filed a review petition against the Lucknow High Court’s decision dated 15 March 2021.
With the said petition, an application was also filed for urgent hearing of the matter during Holi Vacation, but as per the information the said application has been denied. Therefore, now the hearing of this case will be done only after the Holi holidays.
The main grounds of review are-
1. No person affected by reservation was made a party to the petition.
2. On 9 February 2021, the provision of Rule 4 was deleted through the 11th amendment, which empowered theGovernment to adopt a fresh roster for reservation.
3. The court was not made aware of the 11th amendment in the 1994 Rules.
4. On 11 February 2021, the GO was issued in compliance of the amendment, and reservation was prescribed which was legal.
5. The petition was filed on the basis of the GO dated 16.09.2021, which ceased to exist after the passing of eleventh amendment.