Today the Supreme Court Collegium has approved names of 10 Judicial Officers for Elevation as Judges of Madras High Court.
Two Separate Notifications have been issued each containing 5 names.
The First Notification contains following names:
1. Shri G. Chandrasekharan,
2. Shri A.A. Nakkiran,
3. Shri Sivagnanam Veerasamy,
4. Shri Ilangovan Ganesan, and
5. Smt. Ananthi Subramanian.
Second Notification has following names:
1. Smt. Kannammal Shanmuga Sundaram,
2. Shri Sathikumar Sukumara Kurup,
3. Shri Murali Shankar Kuppuraju,
4. Ms. Manjula Ramaraju Nalliah, and
5. Smt. Thamilselvi T. Valayapalayam.
Once these names get the approval of Central Government the Madras High Court will get 10 more Judges, increasing strength to 63 Judges