Important cases listed in the Supreme Court on Friday, March 17:
* SC to hear a plea of Congress leader Pawan Khera challenging FIRs lodged against him in Assam and Uttar Pradesh for alleged derogatory statements against Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
* SC to hear a plea of the Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) seeking allotment of land for lawyers’ chambers in the apex court premises.
* SC to hear bail pleas of several convicts in a case related to stone pelting on a coach of Sabarmati Express in which several persons were burnt alive in 2002.
* SC to hear pleas challenging the electoral bond scheme for political funding.
* SC to hear PILs including the one filed by NGO ‘Citizens for Justice & Peace’ pertaining to religious conversions.
Join LAW TREND WhatsAPP Group for Legal News Updates-Click to Join
* SC to hear a plea of Anup Majee against CBI probe into alleged illegal mining and transportation of coal in West Bengal.
* SC to hear a plea of seven Patna HC judges against closing of GPF accounts.
* Suo motu case related to spread of COVID-19 in prisons across the country.
* SC to hear Punjab government’s appeal challenging grant of bail to SAD leader Bikram Singh Majithia in drugs related case.
* SC to hear a plea of jailed gangster and former MP Atiq Ahmed apprehending a threat to his life in Uttar Pradesh.