Important cases heard in the Delhi High Court on Monday, August 28:
* HC took cognisance of the case of sexual assault of a minor girl allegedly by suspended Delhi government officer Premoday Khakha and directed the authorities to ensure that the identity of the survivor is not revealed in any manner.
* The city government told the HC a notification has already been issued empowering officers for compounding traffic violation offences on the spot, and all documents available on Centre’s DigiLocker application are being treated as valid by the authorities.
* ‘How can you choke the lungs of the national capital’ – the HC said as it asked authorities to explain why 63 structures were present inside the 864-hectare Central Ridge forest and made it clear that those lacking protection from coercive action “have to go”.
* Makers of Rajnikanth starrer movie Jailer’ have told the HC that they would digitally alter the clippings of the movie which shows a contract killer wearing the jersey of Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) IPL team and making derogatory and misogynistic statements about a woman.
* No law gives a right to a husband to beat and torture his wife, the HC has held while granting divorce to a woman on the grounds of cruelty and desertion by the man.