On Thursday 31st December, the High Court of Uttarakhand notified the new High Court of Uttarakhand Rules 2020 wherein it made use of A4 sheets(with printing on both sides) mandatory in all proceedings.
The Court also clarified that the new Rules, 2020 shall apply to all cases including applications, annexures, petitions, memorandum of appeals, Vakalatnama or other material filed before the Court.
To fully utilise the existing stock of paper with advocates, the Court allowed them to use legal size 18 GSM whitepapers till 20.02.2021.
In the new Rules the Uttarakhand HC stated that Parties should file the Index, Presentation Form, Receipts of Court Fee, Brief Details and events of cases etc. as per the below-mentioned chronological order:
- The Presentation Form should have a blank format on it overleaf.
- The Index
- Receipt of Court fees Paid
- Brief Details
- Papers Related to previous petitions, Applications, Memorandum of Appeal etc.
The chronological order filing Memorandum of Appeal, Application, Petition etc. is as follows:-
- The Memorandum of Appeal, Application, Petition etc. should be filed first.
- The Affidavit in Support of Memorandum of Appeal, Application, Petition etc. with or without annexures should be second.
- Any IAs(Interlocutory Applications)
- Affidavit in support of IAs
- The Vakalatnama
- Other Papers(if any)
In exceptional situations like disaster, calamity or pandemic, the Chief Justice may order deviations from these rules.
The Court also clarified that in situations which are not covered under the New Rules,2020, would be covered under Allahabad High Court Rules, 1952