Important cases heard by the Supreme Court on Thursday, October 19:
* SC sought a response of Delhi Police on pleas of NewsClick founder Prabir Purkayastha and its HR head Amit Chakravarty against their arrest under anti-terror law UAPA.
* SC questioned the Enforcement Directorate over the “hurry” in filing an application before a trial court seeking issuance of a non-bailable warrant (NBW) against an accused in a money laundering case linked to the alleged Rs 2,000 crore liquor scam in Chhattisgarh.
* SC extended the interim bail granted earlier to former Delhi minister Satyendar Kumar Jain in a money laundering case till November 6 when his plea for regular bail will be taken up for hearing.
* SC disposed of Uttar Pradesh BJP spokesperson Prashant Umrao’s plea seeking the clubbing of multiple FIRs lodged against him for allegedly spreading false information about attacks on migrant labourers in Tamil Nadu, after the state said only one case has been registered against him.
* SC set aside an order of Gauhati High Court which declared the 2019 election of Arunachal Pradesh BJP MLA Dasanglu Pul void for concealing information about her properties in the election affidavit.