Important cases heard in the Supreme Court on Monday, March 13
* SC referred the pleas seeking legal validation of same-sex marriages to a five-judge constitution bench for adjudication, saying it is a “very seminal issue”.
* SC said the Ministry of Defence cannot take law in its own hands by issuing communication on payment of One Rank-One Pension (OROP) arrears in four installments.
Join LAW TREND WhatsAPP Group for Legal News Updates-Click to Join
* SC dismissed a plea seeking a copy of the CBI report on closure of its preliminary enquiry into allegations of amassing disproportionate assets against former Uttar Pradesh Chief Ministers Mulayam Singh Yadav and his son Akhilesh Yadav.
* SC sought a response from the Gujarat government on a plea filed by Trinamool Congress spokesperson Saket Gokhale seeking bail in a case related to alleged misuse of money collected through crowdfunding.
* SC directed authorities to remove a mosque from the premises of the Allahabad High Court within three months, telling the petitioners opposing the demolition that the structure stood on a terminated lease property and they can’t claim it as a matter of right to continue.