Important cases heard in the Supreme Court on Wednesday, February 8
* SC agreed to constitute a three-judge bench to consider Delhi Police’s plea for a review of its verdict acquitting three death row convicts in the gangrape and murder of a 19-year-old girl in Delhi’s Chhawla area in 2012.
* SC sought responses of the office of the lieutenant governor, pro tem presiding officer Satya Sharma of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and others on a plea filed by AAP mayoral candidate Shelly Oberoi seeking early holding of the mayoral election.
Join LAW TREND WhatsAPP Group for Legal News Updates-Click to Join
* SC ordered the removal of reference to the Sikkimese-Nepalese as “people of foreign origin” from its January 13 verdict on tax exemption in Sikkim, following a plea by the Centre and others for modification.
* SC restrained authorities from carrying out any construction within core areas in tiger reserves, national parks and wildlife sanctuaries.
* Delhi Ridge acts as a lung which supplies oxygen to city residents, the SC said while directing the Delhi Development Authority not to allot any land in areas considered to be notified as protected area.