important cases heard by Delhi High Court on Wednesday, February 8:
* HC said that if a plea is made by an NGO to co-organise with the Maharashtra government a cultural programme at the Agra Fort on Chhatrapati Shivaji’s birth anniversary on February 19, the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) shall consider the same expeditiously.
* Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute told HC that it will start providing free treatment to poor patients to the extent of 25 per cent in the out-patient department (OPD) and 10 per cent in the in-patient department (IPD) from March 1.
Join LAW TREND WhatsAPP Group for Legal News Updates-Click to Join
* HC granted bail to an auditor in connection with a money laundering probe arising from a case of alleged Rs 3,269 crore financial irregularity against Shakti Bhog Foods Ltd.
* HC directed online platforms to take down a “sexually explicit” video of a judicial officer and a woman, if it has not been already removed pursuant to its earlier directions.
* Plea has been filed before HC asserting that the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund must be deemed to be a “public authority” under the Right to Information (RTI) Act.