Important matters heard by the Delhi High Court on Monday, March 13:
* HC sought a response from the Delhi government on a plea seeking construction of a new building of a school which was earlier being run in tents and porta cabins and was demolished during the COVID-19 pandemic.
* HC sought the stand of the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on the past performance of certain boxers selected for the upcoming Women’s World Boxing Championships.
* The Centre told the HC that there has been a continuous increase in the green cover in the national capital and this shift towards denser forest areas is a welcome sign.
Join LAW TREND WhatsAPP Group for Legal News Updates-Click to Join
* Hearing petitions alleging police atrocities on students inside Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) university here following anti-CAA protests in December 2019, the HC said excessive use of force cannot be justified and the authorities concerned are accountable for their conduct.
* The HC has expressed concern over conversion of public places of worship into private tenements after which rights are sought to be claimed over the property by priests, pandits, imams, caretakers and their families in an illegal and unauthorised manner.
* The HC has allowed a 16-year-old girl, an alleged sexual assault victim, to undergo termination of nearly 24-week pregnancy after her father, who earlier consented to the minor’s abortion, did not come forward to sign the consent form.