On Tuesday, the Allahabad High Court issued fresh guidelines for functioning of District Courts and Tribunals in the State of U.P/
The Communication issued by the Registrar General of the High Court to all the District Judges provides following guidelines:
- The Courts/ Tribunals subordinate to High Court of Judicature at Allahabad shall take up only urgent matters such as pending & fresh bail, release, recording of Statement under Section 164 CrPC, Remand, Disposal of Misc. urgent Criminal Application, disposal of Petty Offence cases, directions of High Powered Committee (HPC) issued from time to time, and also, urgent matters of civil nature (such as injunction matters and other applications of civil nature). The urgency of other civil matters (such as institution of fresh suits etc.) may be decided at local level and if found suitable, may be directed to be heard. Not more than 10 Judicial Officers shall be assigned such matters by rotation/time by slot (wherever applicable).
- All the orders passed while deciding/disposing the matters be uploaded in CIS.
- A dedicated helpline for assisting the advocates/Litigants mentioning the Landline/Mobile Numbers shall be published on the District Court website and the same be strengthened. The Services of Para Legal Volunteers be taken by the District Legal Services Authority for manning such facility.
- The Judicial Service Centre (Centralised filing Counter) or any other suitable space/place be identified for receiving/collecting fresh cases/Applications (Civil/ Criminal). All such cases/Applications shall be registered in CIS. The applications/ Cases shall contain the details of advocate/Litigants including their mobile number. The defects if any, may be informed to Counsel Concerned. Such applications be thereafter placed before the assigned/concerned Court.
- District Judge shall ensure minimal entry of necessary Staff in Court Premises, following the guidelines of Central Government and State Government from time to time.
- Local Mechanism may be developed at District Judge’s level in respect to disposal of applications, passing/uploading of orders, accepting of bail bonds, release order etc.
- In the cases where the disposal of Case is most urgent/ most necessary the evidence/ Trial may be recorded/ proceeded with the prior permission of District Judges and the litigants/persons/ Advocates in that respect, shall be allowed to enter in the premises for the same purpose by District Judges unless they are suffering from illness of any type.
- The above guidelines shall be applicable from 16.06.2021, till further orders.
It has been requested to take necessary steps to ensure the compliance of the directions given by HighCourt.