Lawyers Enrolled Outside State Cannot Vote in UP- One Bar One Vote Formula Applied

According to the UP Bar Council, only those advocates who have received a Certificate of Practice (COP) number from the UP Bar Council are eligible to vote in the Bar Association elections.

Advocates enrolled with another State’s Bar Council or with a COP Number issued by another State’s Bar Council are not eligible to vote in the election of any other Bar Association in Uttar Pradesh.

Sri Madhusudan Tripathi, President of the UP Bar Council, has clarified that a lawyer can vote in only one Bar Association. No advocate can be a member of the association and a voter at the same time.

Join LAW TREND WhatsAPP Group for Legal News Updates-Click to Join

According to Madhusudan Tripathi, many such lawyers are practising in Uttar Pradesh who are not registered with the UP Bar Council but are registered with the Bar Council of any other state.

Such lawyers are not eligible to vote in Uttar Pradesh Bar Association elections.

He has also directed all of the state’s Bar Associations to compile a list of registered advocates practising in other states and submit it to the council.

Get Instant Legal Updates on Mobile- Download Law Trend APP Now

Related Articles

Latest Articles