Important matters heard by the Delhi High Court on February 2, Thursday:
* HC was informed by the MCD commissioner that the civic body had paid salaries and pensions to employees and retired staff members till December and the payment for January would be cleared soon.
* HC sought response of the National Investigation Agency on a plea by separatist leader Nayeem Ahmad Khan seeking bail in a terror-funding case involving 26/11 Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed.
* HC refused to stay the release of Hansal Mehta’s film, “Faraaz”, which is scheduled to be released at theatres on Friday and said to be based on a 2016 terrorist attack in Dhaka.
Join LAW TREND WhatsAPP Group for Legal News Updates-Click to Join
* HC directed the medical superintendent of the Tihar jail to ensure “efficacious” treatment to former Popular Front of India (PFI) chairman E Abubacker, who was sent to the prison in a case lodged under the stringent UAPA, for his aliments on a regular basis.
* HC has directed the Delhi University to take immediate corrective measures by removing all material from its website that mention the admission eligibility criteria contrary to the one stipulated in the varsity’s bulletin of information or statutory rules.
* HC has directed the Delhi Police, government and MCD to form a committee in each district to inspect the premises where units employing child labourers are being run and file a report on the action taken.
* HC has said that prima facie the protection of domestic violence law, which aims at protecting married women from cruelty, is not available to a male member of the family particularly the husband.