Important cases listed in the Supreme Court on Friday, August 4:
* SC to hear a plea by Congress leader Rahul Gandhi challenging Gujarat HC high verdict that declined to put on hold his conviction in a defamation case over his “Modi surname” remark.
* SC to hear plea of Delhi government relating to appointment of DERC chairperson.
* SC to hear plea against demonstrations by Hindu right groups Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) and Bajrang Dal in NCR.
* SC to hear plea by by Anjuman Intezamia Masjid committee Thursday against Allahabad HC order permitting ASI survey at the Gyanvapi mosque.
* SC to hear plea of Enforcement Directorate challenging Delhi HC order granting bail to Preeti Chandra, wife of Unitech promoter Sanjay Chandra, in a money laundering case.
* SC to hear 2015 plea by former PM Manmohan Singh against a special court order summoning him as accused in coal scam case.