Important cases heard in the Delhi High Court on Tuesday, July 18:
* HC granted interim bail on medical grounds to Raghav Magunta, the son of YSR Congress Party MP Magunta Srinivasulu Reddy, in a money laundering case related to the alleged excise scam.
* A merit list does not confer on candidates a right to be appointed and it cannot stay alive for an indefinite period of time for enforcement, the HC has said.
* HC rejected a petition by French spirits major Pernod Ricard challenging the city government’s refusal to renew its licence for sale of liquor in the national capital.
* HC asked the CBI to place before it the copy of the charge sheet filed against businessmen Vijay Nair and Abhishek Boinpally in a corruption case related to the now-scrapped Delhi Excise Policy 2021-22.
* HC granted time to the Centre on Tuesday to file its reply on a plea seeking linking of the property documents of citizens with their Aadhaar numbers to curb corruption, black money generation and “benami” transactions.