On Friday, the Allahabad High Court issued revised guidelines for the functioning of District Courts and Tribunals.
The order issued by the Registrar General states that in partial modification of the earlier guidelines the following directions are being issued by the Hon’ble Court –
- The Courts/ Tribunals subordinate to High Court of Judicature at Allahabad shall take up only urgent matters such as pending & fresh bail, release, recording of Statement under Section 164 CrPC, Remand, Disposal of Misc. urgent Criminal Application, directions of High Powered Committee (HPC) issued from time to time, and also, urgent matters of civil nature (such as injunction matters and other applications of civil nature), may likely be heard as per urgency.
- The urgency of other civil matters (such as institution of fresh suits etc.) may be decided at local level and may be ordered for its hearing. Not more than 08 Judicial Officers shall be assigned such matters by rotation/time by slot (wherever applicable).
- All the orders passed while deciding/disposing the matters be uploaded in CIS.
- Local Mechanism may be developed in respect to disposal of applications, passing/uploading of orders
- The District Judge shall ensure minimal entry of Court Staff in Court Premises. Their duties may be assigned by rotation, fixing days on a weekly basis and in time slots.
- Not more than 30% Court Staff (including Class IV employees) shall be assigned duties on a particular day/ date (wherever applicable), keeping in view the containment of COVID-19 pandemic.
The above guidelines shall be applicable from 05.06.2021 (after summer vacations) till further orders.