On Tuesday, the Allahabad High Court issued new guidelines for the functioning of District Courts and Tribunals in Uttar Pradesh.
In supersession of all earlier guidelines regarding opening and functioning of Courts during the period of Lockdown & thereafter, the following guidelines have been issued which will be applicable to all the Courts (Including Tribunals) subordinate to High Court of Judicature at Allahabad –
GUIDELINES REGARDING FUNCTIONING OF COURTS:
- All the Courts (including tribunals) subordinate to the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad shall open to take up the Judicial Work & Administrative matters, as per the existing provisions, rules, guidelines and circulars issued from time to time.
- The Presiding Officer shall take all possible steps to ensure that a minimum number of parties/Counsel are present in the Courtroom at one time for Court proceedings, to ensure physical distancing guidelines. Further, the Presiding Officer shall not prevent the appearance of the parties in the case unless suffering some illness, but shall have the power to restrict entry of persons into the courtroom or the points from which arguments are addressed by the advocates.
- All the Courts (including tribunals) subordinate to the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad shall remain closed on Saturdays and Sundays as per the guidelines issued by the State Government and as per the resolutions of this Court dated 22.04.2021. During the said period, the Court premises shall be completely sanitized.
- As soon as the work is completed, the Judicial Officers and Court Staffs may kindly be directed to leave the Court premises.
- Masks shall be strictly used by everyone who enters into the Court premises as well as into the Court room. Sanitizer shall be arranged at the door of court room. Reader, Clerk etc. shall follow Social Distancing guidelines.
- In case, the District Administration/ CMO concerned is of the opinion that the District/ Outlying Court Campus should be closed for a particular period due to Covid-19 pandemic situation, then the District Court/Outlying Court may be closed for the said period and an intimation mentioning the specific reasons may be sent to Allahabad High Court
- Thermal scanning check-up of all the persons entering in the court premises shall also be ensured with the help of District Magistrate, other administrative officers & CMO/CMS.
- District Judge/ Principal Judge, Family Court, Presiding Officer, Commercial Court/ Land Aqui, Rehab & Resettlement Authority/ Motor Accident Claims Tribunals concern shall ensure compliance of directions given by Hon’ble Apex Court/ High Court of Judicature at Allahabad in Judicial side and all directions/ guidelines issued by the Central Government & State Government regarding COVI D-19.
- Daily consolidated report of the number of cases/applications decided, feedback etc. be submitted by the District Judges on the e- services module on a regular basis.
- The above guidelines shall be applicable from 22.07.2021 till further orders.