The High Court of Kerala has introduced a Draft Code of Conduct for staff and officers to regulate their involvement on Social Media and other public platforms.
The Administrative Committee of the High Court approved the draft in a meeting held on 22.03.2021. The following points were mentioned in the draft.:-
- A Monitoring cell would be constituted to ensure proper use of internet and computer systems.
- This monitoring cell will report instances of misuse of social media by staff members and inform the Registrar General.
- All staff members will disclose their email addresses and will ensure proper use of the same.
- They will not use or make fake social media accounts.
- Members will only use the internet for official purposes and not for surfing social media.
- Members will not visit any prohibited websites during work hours.
- There will be no exchange of communication of personal matters on official websites.
- Members will not use social media channels to make offensive, defamatory or irresponsible comments on judges, politicians, social activists etc.
- Members will not criticise judgements or case laws on social media.
- Members will not propagate views that might offend people.
- Permission of the High Court would be needed to publish official actions, proceedings, and the Court’s records.