Important cases listed in the Supreme Court on Monday, July 31:
* SC to hear batch of pleas related to Manipur ethnic violence including a case on women’s video. SC to also consider affidavit filed by the Centre
* SC to hear bail pleas of convicts in the 2002 Godhra train burning case
* SC to hear plea filed by the Delhi government relating to the appointment of DERC chairperson
* SC to hear Enforcement Directorate’s plea challenging Delhi HC order granting bail to Preeti Chandra, the wife of Unitech promoter Sanjay Chandra, in a money laundering case
* SC to hear plea by jailed NCP leader Nawab Malik against Bombay HC’s refusal to grant him bail on medical grounds in a money laundering case
* SC to hear plea by CBI challenging a Karnataka HC order granting an interim stay on the probe into a disproportionate assets case against Karnataka Deputy CM DK Shivakumar.