Important cases heard in Delhi High Court on Wednesday, August 9:
* Separatist leader Yasin Malik virtually appeared before HC from jail in connection with the National Investigation Agency’s plea seeking death penalty for him in a terror funding case
* HC sought the stand of the Centre on a public interest litigation against an appointment to the post of “embryologist” in the National Assisted Reproductive Technology and Surrogacy Board
* HC said the POCSO Act is a gender-neutral legislation while rejecting an assertion that the law is being “misused” as it is a “gender based” enactment
* Bar Council of India told HC that conducting CLAT in languages other than English would give opportunities to more citizens to appear in the exam and pursue law as career
* HC said a prisoner’s right to dignity as well as mental and emotional health should be protected to increase chances of social re-integration after release.