Can Governor Grant Pardon to a prisoner Even if he has not Completed 14 years in imprisonment? SC Judgment

In a recent case, the Supreme Court observed that the Governor’s power under Article 161 of the Constitution to commute a sentence or pardon would override the restrictions imposed u/s 433A of CrPC. The Bench of Hon’ble Justice Hemant Gupta and AS Bopanna further observed that if the prisoner hadn’t undergone 14 years of actual

To Read More Please Subscribe to VIP Membership for Unlimited Access to All the Articles, Download Available Copies of Judgments/Order, Acess to Central/State Bare Acts, Advertisement Free Content, Access to More than 4000 Legal Drafts( Readymade Editable Formats of Suits, Petitions, Writs, Legal Notices, Divorce Petitions, 138 Notices, Bail Applications etc.) in Hindi and English.

Click to Subscribe

If you are already a VIP Member, Click to Login Now

Law Trend
Law Trend
Legal News Website Providing Latest Judgments of Supreme Court and High Court

Related Articles

Latest Articles